Heritage Law’s experienced and knowledgeable lawyers are dedicated to helping our clients successfully accomplish their immigration-related goals.

While hiring an immigration lawyer is not mandatory, it certainly is not a simple process.

Our firm can help you with your immigration journey with the following immigration law services:

Family Sponsorship

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you can sponsor family members so they can become permanent residents.

As a permanent resident, your family member can work, live, and study in Canada. However, you are responsible for supporting your relative financially upon their arrival.

Heritage Law offers family sponsorships for Edmonton residents, including children sponsorships, spousal sponsorships, and sponsorships for parents and grandparents.

Spousal Sponsorship File

At Heritage Law, we offer spousal sponsorship files for Edmonton couples who are married, common-law, or conjugal partners:

  • Spouse: A legally recognized husband, wife, or partner.
  • Common-Law Partner: A person you are living with but are not married to.
  • Conjugal Partner: Partners that do not qualify as spouses or common-law partners but are in a committed relationship (equal to marriage) for at least one year.

As long as your relationship with your partner is legitimate (or not simply for the purpose of acquiring Permanent Residence), our team can help you complete and file the necessary applications.

Children Sponsorship

If you are looking to sponsor a dependent child or a child you plan to adopt, Heritage Law provides the support your need for children sponsorships in Edmonton.

There are requirements when it comes to defining a dependent:

  • 18 years old or younger
  • Not married or in a common-law relationship
  • The child is a biological child of the parent or is adopted by the parent

Children over the age of 22 may be considered independent if they have a physical or mental disability and have been financially dependent on their parents since before the age of 22.

Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents

You can acquire a super visa for parents and grandparents in Edmonton through our immigration law services.

While your parents and grandparents can visit Canada for up to six months, they have to pay a new fee if they wish to stay for longer.

The parent and grandparent super visa allows these family members to stay for up to five years at a time in Canada.

Get in touch with Heritage Law today to learn more about parent and grandparent super visa requirements.

Study Permits

For students looking to study in Canada, our team at Heritage Law can help you with your study permits in Edmonton.

An approved study permit will allow you to study at a designated learning institution in Canada, but it may not necessarily cover working during or after your studies.

Heritage Law can help you determine whether the program or school you have chosen qualified you for work permits.

Work Permits

Getting a work permit is usually the first step to gaining permanent residence in Canada.

Heritage Law offers work permit services in Edmonton to ensure temporary foreign workers and those wishing to live in Canada are properly prepared with the right documentation.

Getting a work permit can be complicated, so it’s best to speak to a professional immigration lawyer to ensure everything is filed properly.

Visitors’ Visa PR Applications and Renewal for PR Cards

If you are visiting Canada with a visitor’s visa, applying for permanent residence (PR) may be possible, although processing the application can take over six months to complete.

However, you can keep extending your visitor visa to ensure your status in Canada remains legal, but there is no guarantee it will be accepted.

Once you receive a PR card, it will expire every 5 years. You can apply for a renewal or replacement card if your card expires and if your card is lost or stolen.

Our team of experienced immigration lawyers can help you with visitors’ visa PR applications and renewal for PR cards in Edmonton.

Business Visa or Business PR Application

For those interested in doing business or starting a business in Canada, it’s possible to become a permanent resident through the Canada Business Immigration Program.

There are five main categories of business visas in Canada, and the process is not straightforward.

Let our team at Heritage Law help you with your business visa or business PR application at our Edmonton office.

Application for Citizenship

Applying for Canadian citizenship must be done under the Citizenship Act, which requires that you are first a permanent resident of Canada and physically present in the country.

There are other requirements that must be satisfied as well before filling out the application form.

Heritage Law can help you understand the eligibility terms when it comes to your application for citizenship in Edmonton. We will also support you in filling out and submitting the application package.

Immigration Law Edmonton – The Support And Guidance You Need

Heritage Law is proud to offer quality legal representation when it comes to immigration matters.

We take our clients’ best interests to heart and are here to support you through the process, whether you are looking to sponsor a family member, work or study in Canada, or live here permanently!

Contact Us